One of our most asked questions is how to get that yellow look out of the mane or tail?Just when you thought it was clean and white, the show photographers camera will pick up all the yellow hues our eyes cant see.HiTone Silver to the rescue!We designed this little concentrate to be so simple and quick to use on the mane & tail or the whole body.
Try these quick fixes for really tough hair yellowing;
- For stubborn brassiness try using hot water to soak the hair in your HTS mix.
- Use distilled or drinking water to mix your HTS in if you only have dam/bore water at the barn.Rainwater, dam water and bore water will all contain minerals and metals that can bond to the hair when combined with shampoo that can make toning more difficult.
- After shampooing/stain removing, allow the tail to dry completely, and do a HTS soak from dry.This is what we call the shock method, and is really effective for very coarse or porus hair.
- Use Liquid Silk Hair Polish & Detangler immediately after treatment and regularly to reduce staining.Liquid Silk will allow the hair to ‘breathe’ (draw needed moisture from the air) while blocking contaminants like clay, manure & urine that can stain tails.
- Keep tail wrapped in a breathable tail bag.Free range tail bags can be a safety issue, some can also suffocate the hair.We prefer breathable cotton or cotton blends over high denier synthetics.
- Did you know??HiTone Silver can also be used as an ‘all over body’ optical brightener.A light rinse over dappled grey really makes the dapples pop!Same for whites and patchy ponies, and it leaves the coat soft and sparkling.